The Malibu Feed Bin and the Morehart family

41.jpg

Title

The Malibu Feed Bin and the Morehart family

Description

In 1961, Ace Smith created the Malibu Feed Bin at the corner of Topanga Canyon Blvd. and Pacific Coast Highway. In 1966, he sold it to Marty Morehart, pictured here with his wife Patricia and two daughters, Katie and Kasey, holding their own children. The building was originally Potter's Trading Post, and dates back to the 1920s. At one time, it had a petting zoo in back with goats, pigs, and rabbits. During one Christmas, there was a Santa Claus sled and reindeer mounted on the roof.

Date

circa 2001

Source

PF 14.1

Rights

Materials in this collection may be protected by the U.S. Copyright Law (Title 17, U.S.C.). In addition, the reproduction of some materials may be restricted by terms of Topanga Historical Society gift or purchase agreements, donor restrictions, privacy and publicity rights, licensing and trademarks. Transmission or reproduction of materials protected by copyright beyond that allowed by fair use requires the written permission of the copyright owners. Works not in the public domain cannot be commercially exploited without permission of the copyright owner. Responsibility for any use rests exclusively with the user.

Publisher

Messenger

Citation

“The Malibu Feed Bin and the Morehart family,” Topanga Historical Society Digital Archive, accessed January 19, 2022, https://www.topangahistoricalsociety.org/archive/document/1070.