Sycamore Lodge, with bow windows, was built by H. R. Gage in the early 1900s, then bought by Harry Boehme in 1931. Located just north of the confluence of Garapatos and Topanga Creeks and shaded by sycamores, the 5-acre property contained four residences and Sycamore Lodge, which became a meeting place for the community groups in the 1940s-50s. Harry and Dorothy Boehme invited the Lions Club, the Chamber of Commerce, and the Woman's Club to hold meetings there. In the 1940s, the Christian Science Church held services there.
Materials in this collection may be protected by the U.S. Copyright Law (Title 17, U.S.C.). In addition, the reproduction of some materials may be restricted by terms of Topanga Historical Society gift or purchase agreements, donor restrictions, privacy and publicity rights, licensing and trademarks. Transmission or reproduction of materials protected by copyright beyond that allowed by fair use requires the written permission of the copyright owners. Works not in the public domain cannot be commercially exploited without permission of the copyright owner. Responsibility for any use rests exclusively with the user.
“Sycamore Lodge,” Topanga Historical Society digital archive, accessed August 3, 2020, https://www.topangahistoricalsociety.org/cms/document/242.