Civilian Conservation Corps camp

2021-10-26 scan_002 ps.jpg

Title

Civilian Conservation Corps camp

Description

From 1933 to 1938, part of the Cheney Ranch, at the west end of Callon Drive, was leased for a Civilian Conservation Corps (CCC) camp. The CCC was a federal government agency that hired unemployed young men to do public conservation work. In Topanga, the fire department supervised their work, which was usually brush clearing and building fire breaks.

Date

1930s

Source

PF 6.20

Rights

Materials in this collection may be protected by the U.S. Copyright Law (Title 17, U.S.C.). In addition, the reproduction of some materials may be restricted by terms of Topanga Historical Society gift or purchase agreements, donor restrictions, privacy and publicity rights, licensing and trademarks. Transmission or reproduction of materials protected by copyright beyond that allowed by fair use requires the written permission of the copyright owners. Works not in the public domain cannot be commercially exploited without permission of the copyright owner. Responsibility for any use rests exclusively with the user.

Citation

“Civilian Conservation Corps camp,” Topanga Historical Society Digital Archive, accessed August 15, 2022, https://www.topangahistoricalsociety.org/archive/document/1078.